The 21st century is characterised by the emergence of information and knowledge-based societies, the new achievements of informatics, microelectronics, the digital revolution, as well as well by increased personal demands and sustainable development.
Therefore, it is evident that people all over the world use electricity through 24 hours a day to operate household appliances (such as refrigerators, cookers, washing machines, etc.), air conditioning equipment, electric boilers, televisions, computers, smart electronic devices and to connect to the Internet. Both due to the accelerated technical development and the increasing electricity requirements, electricity supplies should be sufficient in all fields of life.
Our flats, houses and workplaces are connected to the electricity supply systems transmitting electric energy along long distances, thus enabling us to access electricity. The electricity is generated in power plants operated at the starting points of that long-distance transmission lines. The majority of the electricity generated in Hungary is produced in conventional power plants (coal, natural gas and diesel oil-fired ones) and in nuclear power plants.
The generated electricity, as shown in the following figure, is transmitted into the electricity supply system, and then forwarded to the consumers via the distribution network.
Description of the electricity supply system by means of the technologies utilising conventional energy resources
A portion of the power plants, the thermal power plants, are capable of generating heat as well. The thermal power plants and the thermal plants, capable of generating solely heat, supply heat for district and industrial heating purposes.
We provide the following services in the fields of power generation and transmission:
During investment preparations:
- Drawing up conceptual design documents which serve for the technical, financial and financing preparations of the projects,
- preparing feasibility studies,
- conducting environmental impact assessments, inspections, drawing up studies,
- conducting site surveys,
- drawing up business plans, conducting financing analyses,
- conducting technical condition surveys.
During project implementation preparations:
- Preparing strategic decision-support studies in the implementation phase,
- preparing organizational plans,
- conducting official permit procedures and preparing the associated documentation,
- conducting bidding procedures, preparing tender documents,
- carrying out contract negotiations.
- Performing project management activities – time schedule monitoring, drawing up completion certificates, review of the compliance between financial and
- technical completions, problem management,
- performing design reviews,
- conducting inspections during manufacturing processes,
- carrying out on-site technical inspections,,
- coordinating and leading commissioning activities,
- conducting handing over – acceptance procedures,
- drawing up periodic and final reports,
- preparing and conducting guarantee measurements (in terms of energetic and environmental parameters)
- providing engineering services for banks,
- performing customs clearances,
- determining the power engineering parameters (performance, power efficiency, etc.) and environmental parameters (emissions, noise) of power facilities by our accredited Measurement Laboratory.